Last updated: July 2016
Welcome to Taste it, Love it' s website ("Site"). These Terms and Conditions (the "Terms") sets forth the agreement between Taste it, Love it ("Community", "we" or "us") and each user ("you") governing the use by you of this Site. Please read these Terms carefully before using this Site. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access, register for a member account or otherwise use this Site.
Membership to this Site is free and is open to individuals only (not corporations or other business entities) that are at least eighteen (18) years of age or such other age as required by your geographic location. Membership in certain Surveys (as defined below) may be further restricted based on your age or geographic location. You are permitted to have only one account.
Your Member Account
While you may access this Site without registering for a member account, in order for an account to be established in your name and for you to participate in any Surveys (as defined below), you must complete the provided online registration form. To open a member account, you must provide the Community with complete and valid contact information, including your full legal name, home address, valid e-mail address, and all other requested information. Your account must have a unique and valid e-mail address and password.
You agree to provide only accurate, current and complete registration information and to keep that information updated in order to maintain its accuracy. The Community may terminate or suspend your membership and you may forfeit your rewards if you fail to provide or keep your personal information accurate and complete.
You may use only one (1) password to open and access your account, and you may not use another account holder's password or allow anyone else to use your password, for any reason. You are solely responsible for the security of your user name and password and any activity that occurs under your member account, whether authorized or unauthorized. The Community will not be responsible for any losses incurred through the use of your password by a third party, except when unauthorized use is directly attributable to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Community. You agree to immediately notify the Community of any unauthorized use or breach of your member account.
Should you forget your password, you may request that the Community send it to you via e-mail by completing the forgot password request process on this Site. This procedure assumes that mention is made of your username, and that the e-mail address provided by you when registering is used (or the new one provided in the event of an update).
By joining as a member of this Site, you agree to receive e-mail invitations to participate in surveys and panels conducted by the Community and its third-party partners ("Surveys"). The Community does not guarantee that you will receive a certain minimum volume of invitations or any invitations at all. Your participation in any Surveys and your disclosure of any personally-identifiable information is completely voluntary.
The Community retains the right to monitor all member activity within the Site. If required by law, if you have violated our Code of Conduct below, in the event that your member account shows signs of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity or as otherwise deemed necessary by us, your member account may be terminated. If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, the Community reserves the right to take any necessary legal action and may have grounds to confiscate any rewards redeemed as a result of such activity. In addition, you may be liable for monetary losses to the Community, including litigation costs and damages, and you will not be allowed to participate in the Community in the future.
You may cancel your account at any time by contacting the Community at firstname.lastname@example.org or by activating the "Unsubscribe" feature on this Site. Your account will also be cancelled if you withdraw or unsubscribe from the Community. Immediately upon deletion or your withdrawal from the Site, your member account will be closed. You understand and agree that, as noted above, upon closing your account, your right to access your member account and the Surveys will cease. The Community may terminate your member account at any time for any reason.
The Community values our members' opinions, and to show our appreciation, the Community offers rewards in the form of points. More information about the rewards program of the Community can be found at Rewards.
Points and Redemption
When you complete an activity, participate in a discussion board or vote in a poll, you may receive Points which will be posted to your account within 30 days of the completion of the activity. The number of Points you will receive for completion of each activity may vary and will be announced prior to each survey or on the Rewards page of the Community.
We may offer sweepstakes or contests, with prizes to randomly selected entrants, rather than Points (in which cases we will clearly identify invitations that provide entry to contests and provide a direct link to the related sweepstakes or contest rules and regulations).
Points may be redeemed for a variety of items that can changes from time to time in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change the Point value structure or other incentives within the recruitment for an activity. At our sole discretion we reserve the right to suspend, terminate, revalue or modify, without liability or the provision of advance notice to you, all or part of the Point value structure and offers. We further reserve the right to adjudicate all Point discrepancies in our sole discretion, and you agree to abide with any such adjudication. In the event the Point program is terminated, you will be notified and given at least 30 days in which you must redeem your Points.
Points expire within 18 months from the time they were earned.
On termination or cancellation of your member account the position regarding your ability to redeem Points will immediately cease and any Points who have been accumulated will immediately be taken out of your account.
We take reasonable care to ensure Points are accurately deposited in your account, however you are responsible for ensuring that your account balance is accurate and we will not be held liable for any errors or omissions concerning Points. You must alert us in writing of any error within 30 days of when such error occurred. Points have no commercial value and may not in any circumstances be transferred or sold to any third party. Points may only be redeemed for the items indicated on the Rewards page of the Community. Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government on any monies you earn or donations you make through the redemption of Points is your sole responsibility.
You are responsible for providing any computer equipment and communications services necessary to connect to and access this Site. You agree that neither your membership to this Site nor your completion of any Surveys for the Community, its third party partners and their clients create any agency, partnership or employment relationship, and that your completion of Surveys is strictly as an independent contractor. You also agree that any rewards you receive for completing Surveys are the only compensation you will receive for your completion of such Surveys.
Member Code of Conduct
The Community is dedicated to making your voice heard and allowing you to tell leading providers of products and services what you think. When you use and post content to this Site you must observe the following rules:
- Be courteous and respect the opinions of others and behave in a manner that supports a safe and comfortable environment for all members.
- Do not post any of the following:
- Material that advocates illegal activity or political, religious or ideological beliefs.
- Personal attacks or anything (including "jokes" that may be misconstrued) obscene, vulgar, illegal, harmful, insulting, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, untrue, misleading or invasive of someone else's privacy.
- Advertising and solicitations - Do not use any community areas to buy or solicit for goods, services, or money, or to advertise or sell products or services to others. For example, do not post any advertising, referrals, promotional materials, junk mail, "spam," chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
- Any content that infringes any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of another.
- Any statement that expresses or implies that any actions you take are endorsed by the Community or our clients.
- Do not take any Surveys other than in good faith, such as providing false answers or speeding through a Survey or answering each question the same way. The Community reserves the right to withhold awarding rewards to you if, in the Community's reasonable view, your Survey responses are untruthful or not well considered.
- Do not access or use any part of the Site for anything other than your personal, non-commercial use.
- Do not access or use any part of the Site in any way that may violate any applicable state, federal, or international law, regulation, or other governmental requirement and/or regulation, treaty or tariff.
- Do not resell, barter, trade or otherwise attempt to generate income by providing access to your member account to others.
- Do not impersonate any individual or entity, including, without limitation, a Community employee, agent or client, or other Community members or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including by "framing" any portion of this Site to make it look like you have a relationship with us or that we have endorsed you for any purpose.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the Site or any security measures used on the Site, including by requesting rankings from other members or posting content which does not respond to or pose any question in order to garner rewards.
- Do not release, publish or otherwise disclose or make reference to any Survey or Site content in any media without our prior written permission.
- Do not collect or store any personal information about other members of this Site.
- Do not attempt to access any service or area of the Site or any Surveys that you are not authorized to access.
- Do not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Site or extract data.
- Do not send to or otherwise impact us or this Site (or anything or anyone else) with harmful, illegal, deceptive or disruptive code such as a virus, "spyware", "adware" or other code that could adversely impact this Site or any recipient or take any action, such as a denial of service attack, that might impose a significant burden on this Site's infrastructure or interfere with the ordinary operation of this Site.
- Do not re-post on the Site any statements you receive from the Community Help Desk or Customer Support.
- Do not communicate with the Community help desk in a manner which is obscene, vulgar, harmful, insulting, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, untrue or misleading.
- Do not engage in any other activity that the Community may reasonably deems improper or abusive. Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in termination of your member account.
- Members shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that
- belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right;
- is grossly blasphemous, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harms minors in any way;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
Confidentiality of Surveys
The Community's clients may disclose confidential and/or proprietary information and materials to you as part of Surveys, and such information and materials shall remain the sole and exclusive property of its owner. This confidential information may include, but is not limited to, new product ideas or concepts, packaging concepts, advertising and movie or television concepts or trailers, and the text, visual images and sounds related thereto. By becoming a member, you agree that you will keep the contents and materials disclosed to you as part of all Surveys in which you participate confidential and not disclose them to any third party or use the confidential information for any purpose except for the sole purpose of completing the Surveys. If you breach this obligation, in addition to termination of your account, you may be liable for monetary damages to the Community and/or our clients for damages caused by the result of your breach.
Member Content and License
You hereby give the Community a non-exclusive, perpetual, unlimited, worldwide, royalty-free right to use for any purpose any content you submit to this Site (e.g., your opinions, ideas and Survey responses), including the right to edit, copy, transmit, publish, display, modify, distribute, create derivative works from and develop such content and to transfer such content to third parties. You, not the Community, will have sole responsibility and liability for all content you use, upload, post or submit to the Site, including on our message boards and in any Survey in which you participate, including the obligation to obtain any necessary approvals and authorizations required to post such content. By submitting such content to the Site, you release the Community and its clients and third party partners from any use of such content in any form, including without limitation, for commercial use.
Community Intellectual Property
You acknowledge that all materials on the Site, including the Site's design, graphics, text, sounds, pictures, software and other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, "Materials"), are the property of the Community or its licensors, and are subject to and protected by Canadian, United States and international copyright as well as other intellectual property laws and rights. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by the Community or its licensors. Except as expressly authorized by these Terms or on the Site, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, perform, display, post, transmit, exploit, create derivative works or otherwise use any of the Materials in any form or by any means, without the prior written authorization of the Community or the respective intellectual property rights owner. The Community authorizes you to view and download the Materials only for personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Materials. You may not modify or adapt the Materials in any way or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purposes.
The logo and trademarks "Taste it, Love it", "www.tasteit-loveitcommunity.com"are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Community or its affiliates. All other trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names used on this Site are the property of the Community or their respective owners and may not be copied, imitated or otherwise used, in whole or in part, without the prior written authorization of the Community and/or its licensors. All rights are reserved.
Disclaimer of Warranties
By utilizing this Site, you acknowledge and agree that the Community is not a bank or any other kind or form of financial institution. The Community is not responsible for the actions of any third party, such as the issuers of any e-rewards, gift cards, vouchers or other rewards.
You expressly agree that your use of this Site and your member account is at your sole risk. You agree that this Site, all information on this Site, and the services offered by this and their functionality are provided by the Community or its corporate parents or affiliates, successors or assigns, suppliers or agents, "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE." The Community is not responsible for typographical errors regardless of source. In addition, the Community does not represent or warrant that the information accessible on this Site is accurate, complete, or current. You hereby release the Community and its affiliates and third party providers from all liability regarding the redemption and use of any rewards, including any rewards that, after receipt, may be lost, stolen or destroyed. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS, the CommunityAND ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND DUTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS: (a) OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OF RESULTS, AND OF ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OR PRIVACY OR SECURITY OF INFORMATION; (b) THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (c) CREATED BY TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. the Community FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL DUTIES TO YOU, IF ANY SUCH DUTIES EXIST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE CARE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND LACK OF NEGLIGENCE. the Community FURTHER MAKES NO WARRANTY OF TITLE OR AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF ANY ASPECT OF THE COMPLETE SITE, OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM the CommunityAND ITS AFFILIATES OR ON OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
Limitation of Liability
COMMUNITY AND ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY (I) AS A PUBLISHER OF INFORMATION, (II) FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, (III) FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, (IV) FOR STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE, OR (VII) FOR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR GENERAL DAMAGES, OR FOR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OR IMPAIRMENT OF PRIVACY, SECURITY OR DATA, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DUTY OF GOOD FAITH, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT OR OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE), OR FOR ANY OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO ANY BREACH OR OTHER ASPECT OF THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT OR THIS SITE, EVEN IF the Community HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IN THE EVENT OF FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY OR MISREPRESENTATION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF the Community, ITS CORPORATE PARENTS OR AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS EXCEED THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF AN APPLICABLE REWARD AT ISSUE, OR IF A DISPUTE RELATES GENERALLY TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, TO THE FAIR MARKET RETAIL VALUE OF THE REWARDS WHICH YOUR UNUSED, UNEXPIRED, NON-CANCELED REWARDS ARE CONVERTIBLE INTO.
THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIABILITY ARE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Community, and its parent and affiliated companies, together with their officers, directors, owners, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, suits, fines, levy's and costs (including reasonable attorney's fees and expert witness costs, including costs associated with in-house counsel), (collectively "Claims"), arising from or related to your use of or conduct on this Site and any content you place on, submit to or transmit through this Site, your breach of these Terms, your infringement or violation of any rights of another, or termination of your access to the Site, including Claims made by third parties. You agree that the Community has the unlimited right to defend any Claim and to settle any Claim without your prior permission. You agree to provide the Community with all reasonable assistance in the defense of any Claim.
You may be required under central, state, and/or local laws to pay taxes on any rewards you may receive. You acknowledge that we may supply information to taxing agencies, or withhold taxes, as required by law or at the request of those agencies or as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate. You acknowledge and agree that you will provide the Community with any additional personal information, such as your Social Security number that the Community needs to comply with any reporting or withholding obligations. Your failure to provide such information within 30 days of a request sent by the Community to the email address registered at that time may result in the forfeiture of rewards you may have won.
Links; Third Party Websites
The Community may provide links to third-party websites as a convenience to you, and Community's providing of any link does not constitute an endorsement by such site of the Community or vice versa. If you use these links, you will leave the Site. You agree that the Community is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and the Community does not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. You will use these links at your own risk. You agree that you will not use any third-party materials in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party and that the Community is not in any way responsible for any such use by you. The Community expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, legality, decency or accuracy of any information, and for any products and services, that appear on any third party website.
Without limiting the foregoing, your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the use of the Site, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that the Community and its affiliates shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Site.
Applicable Law and Exclusive Forum
These Terms and all performances and claims of every nature (including without limitation, contract, tort and strict liability) relating in any way to any aspect of this Site shall be governed by the laws of India. without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any disputes regarding such claims or arising under or related in any way to these Terms or this Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Gurgaon, State of Haryana, India.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AND THE COMMUNITY HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY PROCEEDING OR LITIGATION BROUGHT AGAINST THE OTHER WITH RESPECT TO THESE TERMS OR THE SITE. IN ADDITION, NEITHER YOU NOR the CommunitySHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER SITE USERS, OR LITIGATE ANY CLAIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS ACTION OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY.
Notices to You: We may give you all notices that we are required to give by posting notice on this Site. You also agree that we may give notice by email in our discretion, including notice of subpoenas or other legal process (if any). We may provide notice to any email or other address that you provide during registration. You agree to keep your address current and to check for notices posted on the Site.
Notices to Us: We receive many emails and not all employees are trained to deal with every kind of communication, so you agree to send us notice by mailing it to Toluna India Private Limited, Taste it, Love it, First Floor, Unitech Trade Center Sector 43, Block C Sushant Lok Phase 1, Gurgaon 122001, India. Attn. General Counsel. If a law requires us to accept email notice notwithstanding the foregoing, call us at +91 124 412 6700 for our address established for receipt of such notices.
Entire Agreement; Miscellaneous
The "Disclaimer of Warranties" and "Limitation of Liability" provisions of these Terms are for the benefit of the Community and its affiliates as defined herein, and each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
Notice of Copyright Agent (Indian Copyright Act, 1957)
The Community respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that you do the same. If you believe that your work has been reproduced in this Site in a way constituting copyright infringement, you may provide a notice to the designated Copyright Agent for the Site at email@example.com containing the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- The address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A representation that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A representation that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you have a complaint, you may contact us at Toluna India Private Limited, Taste it, Love it, First Floor, Unitech Trade Center Sector 43, Block C Sushant Lok Phase 1, Gurgaon 122001, or firstname.lastname@example.org.